Saturday, March 1, 2008

Mr Star Wars Getting Ready for the games

Greetings. How are you doing? I'm doing pretty good myself. I don't have too many records but I do have this: back in 2003, who can remember the surprising Neil Young? He came in at just a 10-seed and lined up first against the 7-seed Beatles. The Southermen beat the Qarrymen! The fans and experts were stunned!!! In the 2nd round, Young drew the powerful U2, who had crushed 15-Supertramp. Neil Young knocked off 2-U2!!!! Neil Young was the talk of the town. Who would have thought that? Not me. In round 3, 3-seeded Train finally stopped 10-Neil Young. Train would go on to win the 2003 Star Wars, beating CCR. Whenever I think of Neil Young, I always remember him and his great run of 2003.

2003 also had the 12-Motels knocking off 5-Collective Soul.....as well as the 4-seeded Pink Floyd! But then the stupid Red Hot Chili Peppers beat them. The Motels have not qualified in Star Wars ever since.

I forget what year it was, but Ringo Starr beat the Beatles(with him playing for the Beatles), as a solo artist. This year 2008 should feature both John Lennon and George Harrison. At press time, the Beatles (10-10) have not qualified.

The Date of the first tip-off: 20March08

Brackets: Midwest-East
West-South

No comments: