
Hey there, how are you doing? I'm doing pretty good myself. So you want more info on Regina Spektor. Well, I first heard her in the fall of 2007, when Tony Signore at Dog Records released "Beware of White Cars 2". The 'Blue' album from the double CD. I played this a lot and I noticed this song, "Hotel Song", a Joni Mitchellesque, ditty that I really grew to enjoy almost as much as these vegetables that I'm enjoying right now. Anyway, I think I heard a few more songs somewhere, and I told myself, "this is an artist I must hear more of." It is said that Spektor came out of the anti-folk New York Scene. Her music is quirky, highly eclectic, and always personal. Sounds like Mark Ewing material to me. She was born and raised in Moscow, Russia. Due to the music freeze of Star Wars, I have been unable to do much, but I do know that "Begin To Hope" which contains "Hotel Song", came out in 2006, and it is said to be pretty good. 'Seimglia', gave it 5 stars and said "If you are new to Regina Spektor this album will serve as a great introduction and if you are a long-time listener, acknowledge that she does not want her albums to sound the same. A masterpiece."
'Amedane' says this album is a little more 'poppier' than the others.
So I seeded her number one, I know, that is huge pressure for a relative unknown. Dick Vitale questioned her getting the high seed over teams like Ween, The Drive By Truckers and Graham Parker, but she did not disappoint. Beating these Star Wars invites: the sucky Pat Traverse, the hot Spirit, the upstart John Lennon, the dastardly Red Hot Chili Peppers, and then making a joke of the game with the Poweful Number One White Stripes, the Russian Rebounder heads into Monday night, hoping to make the CD "Begin to Hope" a 2008 Star Wars Immortal.

No comments:
Post a Comment